ITU Mechanical Engineering Undergraduate Program: Accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET. www.abet.org
ABET - Find Accredited Programs
ABET - For Students and Families
ABET - Why Accreditation Matters
To provide world-class education at the undergraduate, graduate and professional levels to produce MECHANICAL engineers who: will assume positions of responsibility for the design, production, application, research and development activities of various industrial and research organizations; have creativity as well as a systematic approach to problem solving; are capable of effective teamwork; are sensitive to the environment; have social, economical and ethical consciousness and responsibility and will be the leaders of tomorrow. To conduct research that generates competitive know-how and technology that will address the specific problems facing national industries.
To continue to be a leading educational and research institution that provides world-class higher education; conducts research and generates knowledge; and serves society and humanity by disseminating the outputs. To emphasize technological development commensurate with national needs.
Program Educational Objectives
In conformity with the mission of Mechanical Engineering Department, the objectives of Mechanical Engineering Program describe what graduates are expected to attain within a few years of graduation.
- Perform design and integration of mechanical and thermal processes, components and systems,
- Play leadership roles by improving collaboration between engineers, scientists and professionals,
- Involve positively in the competitiveness of design, manufacturing and research enterprises,
- Aim to reach knowledge and professional growth for their successful careers in industry, research or academia,
- Contribute to the society as professionally, ethically and globally aware members.
- An ability to apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering to mechanical engineering problems,
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data and use modern tools and equipment,
- An ability to select, develop and/or design a system, component, or process to meet desired performance criteria, manufacturing capabilities and economic requirements,
- An ability to function and/or develop leadership in multi-disciplinary teams,
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve mechanical engineering problems,
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility,
- An ability for effective written and oral communication in Turkish and English,
- An ability to understand and comment on the impact of engineering solutions in a national and global context,
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning,
- A knowledge of contemporary issues in mechanical engineering,
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools, such as computer programs, necessary for engineering design and analysis, and to use modern information systems,
- A detailed knowledge of and experience in a specific field or application of mechanical engineering (Design-Manufacturing, System Dynamics-Control, Energy, Automotive, HVAC).
Annual Student Enrollment Data
Please click for Annual Graduation Data.
Please click to see the Ranking of the Program.
Please click to see the Annual Student Enrollment Data and Graduation Data.
The Loops Featuring the Processes For Assessment and Evaluation of the Performance of Mechanical Engineering Undergraduate Program and Making Revisions
Forms and Surveys
Five Year and Over Graduate Survey
One - Three Year Graduate Survey
Advisory Board Survey
Advisor Undergraduate Success Monitoring Form
Probation - Employers Survey
Probation - Student Survey
New Graduate Survey