Fluid Mechanics Research Lab
Head of Research Lab : Prof. Dr. Bedii Özdemir
Prof. Dr. Bedii Özdemir
The laboratory, established by Prof. Dr. Bedii Özdemir, has been active since 1994. Our research covers a broad spectrum from experimental and computational to theoretical aspects of turbulent reactive flows, aerodynamics and aero-acoustics. Experimental works include subsonic and supersonic aspects of Bluff Body Aerodynamics and Jet Flows. The main computational work is on Large Eddy Simulation of Reactive Flows with ILDM chemistry and turbomachinery. Theoretical work is focused on hydrodynamic stability analysis of fluid flows.
- Subsonic flows
- Supersonic flows
- External aerodynamics
- Jet flows & impingements
- Car aerodynamics
- Reactive flows
- Surface reactions
- Reactive multiphase flows
- Modelling of Reaction and Injection Molding of Polyurethane Foam in Refrigerators (2013-2015)
- Sponsored by Ministry of Industry, contract number 01213.STZ.2012-1
- Flow and Combustion Analyses of Domestic Cookers, (2011-2013)
- Sponsored by Turkish Scientific and Technological Research Council (TUBITAK), contract number 110M506
- Flow and Combustion Analyses of Domestic Oven Burners, (2011-2013)
- Sponsored by Arçelik Inc.
- Experiments and Modeling of Performance of Anti-Ice jets on Vanes of Front Bearing Structures, (2011-2011)
- Sponsored by TEI Engine Industries Inc.
- Simulation of Reactive Flows in Nitriding Furnaces, (2010-2013)
- Sponsored by Robert BOSCH San. Tic.
- High Performance Low-Noise Industrial Type Axial Fan Design, (2009-2013)
- Sponsored by Ministry of Industry, contract number 00452.STZ.2009-2
- Use of ILDM and CFD methodologies for Reducing Emissions from Diesel Engines (2006-2008)
- Sponsored by Turkish Scientific and Technological Research Council (TUBITAK), contract number 106M228
- Application of LES to Combustion in Gas Turbines (2001-2005)
- Sponsored by the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
- Drag Induced on Vehicles by the Main Body and Accessories and the Effects on
- Fuel Consumption (2000-03)
- Sponsored by TUBITAK and TOFAŞ R&D (subsidiary of FIAT), contract number MISAG-163
- Use of Laser Induced Fluorescence for the Control of Combustion in Low-NOx